In this course Bill will review multiple steps that need to be taken in successfully selecting single and dual purpose canines. Bill Heiser has been hand selecting his dogs from Europe and testing dogs for over 25 years. Southern Coast K9 is known in the industry to offer some of the best dogs available. He will share with you the process of selection testing by reviewing the following:
• The drives in the dog; prey, hunt, play, fight, retrieve, rank and survival.
• First Impression of the dog: Appearance, condition, teeth , ears, coat, feet, genitals and over confidence
• Environmental Soundness: Flooring, stairs, darkness, confined area or space, obstacles, noises, vehicles, desks and tables will the dog jump up
• Testing of Ball or Toy drive
Additional testing for dual purpose would include:
• First check civil drive no equipment
• Equipment Fixated
• Bite on sleeve or suit and is it a full mouth bite
• With Suit will he bite legs or arms
• Power Bite? Is Dog committed?
• Bite under stress with whip and yelling
• Multiple Distraction Scenarios & Obstacles
• Dogs focus on bite
• Gunfire reaction
• What type of force and approach does he have.